How to help during the next storm surge January 9-10
From the National Weather Service for the Monterey Bay Region, particularly the Pajaro River Valley: Another Western Atmospheric River event
- Flood Watch until January 10, 04:00 PM
- High Wind Warning in effect from January 8, 08:00 PM until January 9, 10:00 AM
- Flood Warning in effect from January 9, 07:45 PM
From NPC Ally Member Community Foundation Santa Cruz County:
How to help:
- Donate: We’ve activated our Disaster Fund to support the needs of residents impacted by the storms and floods. Contributions to this fund will be disbursed as grants to trusted local nonprofit organizations working on the front lines of disaster response. Your support will help benefit those most affected and offer ready resources to organizations already responding to local needs.
- Volunteer: Emergency response volunteers are needed. Sign up with the Volunteer Center and get connected to where volunteers are needed most.
- Stay up to date:
- Give Thanks: Once again, our nonprofit partners were the first in and are the most consistent presence. If you have friends who work for Second Harvest, Community Bridges or Community Action Board, please be sure to thank them. They showed up!
- Be Kind: This is a time of displacement, uncertainty, stress, beauty, togetherness, isolation, fear, exhaustion, and generosity (and so much more). Please be gentle with yourself and others. You never know what folks are going through – but especially not this week.