Website Pajaro Valley Prevention & Student Assistance, Inc.
1 open position – 32 hours per week (0.80 FTE), for our Crisis Team
Non-Licensed: $43,264 – $50,069 ~ Licensed: $51,351 – $56,625
Bilingual pay eligible (additional .50 cents per hour)
Health and Retirement Benefits Eligible – – Position Open Until Filled
About the Position: Under the supervision of the Director of Clinical Programs and Lead Clinician, performs outpatient counseling services to children ages 0-21 and their families. This position is critical to helping children excel and will join a team of very energetic, passionate and committed clinicians who care about the wellbeing of the children and families they serve.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Conduct evaluations, assessments and counseling services of referred children, adolescents and their families in a school, home or community-based clinic setting.
· Bill services through Medi-Cal
· Spend at least 5 hours each day providing therapeutic interventions to clients, completing paperwork (progress notes, assessments, etc.), connecting with client families and supporting agencies to best coordinate client care, and connecting with school personnel regarding client functioning in the school setting.
· Provide client-centered counseling services that are goal oriented utilizing evidence-based modalities. Listen, respond empathically, and empower clients to create change. Identify symptoms and assist in self-management skills for mental health challenges.
· Facilitate group therapy, family therapy, and individual sessions that enhance behavioral stability and wellbeing for clients. Provide wrap around support including case management and collateral support for clients and families.
· Participate in staff meetings, in-service trainings, conferences and workshops.
· Participate as a team member in case management and department collaboration.
· Maintain Medi-Cal (EPSDT) documentation inclusive of Assessments, Treatment Plans and Progress Notes in an electronic health record system in a timely manner as required by program standards.
– also provide crisis interventions, including self-harm and suicide assessments, conducting follow up visits, and coordinating with outside agencies to refer clients for additional services as needed
PLEASE VIEW COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION AND TRAINING/EXPERIENCE NECESSARY AT
To apply for this job please visit www.pvpsa.org.