Website Digital NEST
Compensation Range: $20.00 – 22.00 per hour, non-exempt
Position Type: Full-time, 40hrs per week
Benefits: Medical, vision, and dental health insurance, flex days/paid time off, retirement plan, and life insurance
Reports To: Center Director
Digital NEST is a workforce development center that has welcomed hundreds of youth from working-class, farmworker communities to develop the technical and professional skills they need to achieve their dreams. The NEST is proud to be a great place to get your career started and/or to expand your career to the next level. It is an exciting time to join the NEST as we are on the precipice of expanding to a total of five communities across Northern California by the end of 2023. Digital NEST has centers in the heart of Watsonville, Salinas, Gilroy, Modesto and soon to launch in Stockton.
The Membership Specialist is a critically important position responsible for coordinating and implementing a variety of activities to recruit, engage, and advise youth as members of the Digital NEST. The Membership Specialist is responsible for ensuring that members successfully enter into Digital NEST program pathways and experience opportunities for continuous growth and development leading to job or internship placement.
- Coordinate the implementation of the regional recruitment plan at assigned site.
- Under the leadership of the Chief Program Officer, maintain collaboration with local K-12 school site, higher education, and community based partners to promote member recruitment.
- Maintain clear and comprehensive records of all member recruitment, retention, and engagement activities.
- Submit periodic qualitative and quantitative reports regarding activities and outcomes.
- Participate in and contribute to site, program, and regional level meetings focused on membership recruitment and engagement.
Member Engagement and Retention (30%)
- Act as a liaison between prospective and current members and the NEST
- Conduct regular parent/guardian communication and create opportunities for parent/guardian engagement at the NEST
- Support the Site Manager in creating a safe and welcoming space for members, guests and visitors.
- Plan and facilitate a regularly occurring seasonal calendar of community-building activities and events
- Implement Career Development workshops using existing career development “launchpad” curriculum.
- Develop and maintain excellent working knowledge of community resources available to better support Digital NEST youth and families
- With input from the program managers, help identify opportunities for volunteers to support activities
Member Advising (25%)
- Develop and implement a structure for regularly occurring one to one and small group advising sessions to lead members towards deepened engagement in one of the Digital NEST program areas.
- Collaborate with the Membership Advocate to continuously maintain member records within the student information system.
- Connect members with community engagement opportunities such as volunteer opportunities, internships, and training opportunities
- Provide general support to fundraising efforts expected of all staff: showcase members and member work, and be a model representative for Digital NEST in the community.
- Performs other duties and tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Bilingual/Biliterate English and Spanish
- The equivalent of at least two years worth of full-time, formal experience in a field related to youth experiential education, leadership training or youth career development.
- The equivalent of at least one year of full-time, formal experience in a coordination role.
- Demonstrated ability to connect positively with youth from diverse backgrounds and facilitate youth development workshops and activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent public speaking skills
PREFERRED-BUT -NOT-REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a related field
- Passion for the mission of Digital NEST and belief in upholding organization’s core values.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to issues of culture/ethnicity/race, gender, sexual identity, class/SES and immigration status.
- Ability to be an ally to people of color, women and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered, queer, questioning and intersex individuals and their allies (LGBTQIA).
- Must have a valid CA driver’s license, pass a background check, and be able to travel and work evenings or weekends occasionally, or as needed.
NOTE: The job offer will be contingent upon the successful completion and passing of a background check.
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS: We take a holistic approach to wellness, physical, emotional, and financial. Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- 100% Agency Paid Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for the employee
- SIMPLE IRA Retirement Benefit with up to 2% employer match
- 10 Paid Vacation Days for Full-time Employees (non-Director and non-Chief positions)
- 15 Paid Vacation Days for Full-time Employees (Director and Chief positions)
- 13 Paid Holidays Annually Plus Business closure/holiday the week between Christmas Day and New Years Day
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Annual Parking Permit
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role and encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for. We also know that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem-solving and more creative thinking, so we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team. We look forward to hearing from you.
Digital NEST, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Digital NEST is committed to an inclusive experience for all applicants and will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations in the interview process, to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Please refer to our career page for more information on how to apply for reasonable accommodations.
To apply for this job please visit digitalnest.applytojob.com.