Website Digital NEST
Full-Time: 100% FTE / 40 hours per week
Compensation: $68,000 – $80,000 annual salary, exempt
Benefits Overview: Medical, vision, dental and life insurance, vacation and sick time off, paid federal holidays, and retirement plan (See full job description for more details).
Organization size: 50+ Employees
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Location(s): Watsonville Headquarters Office; After the first 90 days of employment, the position is eligible for a Hybrid work schedule. Candidates further than 40 miles from Watsonville may be eligible for a hybrid work schedule earlier than the first 90 days of employment.
Digital NEST is a workforce development center that has welcomed hundreds of youth from working-class, farmworker communities to develop the technical and professional skills they need to achieve their dreams. It is an exciting time for the NEST as we are on the precipice of expanding to a total of five communities across Northern California. Digital NEST has centers in the heart of Watsonville, Salinas, Gilroy, and Modesto, and will open our newest center in Stockton in early 2024.
The Development Manager is a key member of Digital NEST’s Development Team. In partnership with the CDO, the position is responsible for managing fundraising strategies, including individual contributions and stewardship, special campaigns, special events, and in-kind donations. The role requires experience managing end of year campaigns, using Salesforce (CRM), building budgets and processing gifts. The Development Manager also consults with our Institutional Gifts team. This position does not currently supervise any staff. The Development Manager holds an active portfolio of at least 30 individual donors and 25 prospective donors and is responsible for increasing the number of new donors and working with the CDO to lift annual donors to the Major Donor level. The Development Manager will support the design, development, and successful execution of the End of Year Campaign as well as the Spring Campaign. In addition, the Manager plays a key role in supporting the CDO with events and corporate sponsorships.
Support of all Development activities (40%)
- Support CDO in implementing the Strategic Development Plan, including oversight, proactive planning, and successful implementation of the plan.
- Create and implement the Annual Giving program (EOY and Spring Campaigns) by identifying, cultivating, and soliciting individual contributions.
- Work with the MarCom Team to create Development collateral (hard and electronic) and manage online giving campaigns.
- Perform general management responsibilities, including overseeing the production of annual plans, tracking budgets, creating reports, and evaluating fundraising activities.
- Help implement organization-wide development activities, including the 10-Year Celebration Gala and other fundraising or stewardship events.
- Manage and significantly increase an annual gift portfolio of at least 30 individual donors (gifts less than $5,000 annually).
- Create and implement new fundraising strategies to increase support from individuals, with a special emphasis on developing individual donors and donors locally connected to NEST centers.
- Coordinate with the Finance Team on a monthly basis to guarantee that all Development budgets are up to date and individual revenue and development expenses are correctly tracked.
Annual Gifts (40%)
- Create a comprehensive EOY and Spring Campaign, working with MarCom for design, to include content and theme, working directly with printer and mailhouse, pulling lists for mailings, managing the campaign(s) from design to acknowledgements and recording gifts in Salesforce, as well as comprehensive evaluation of the campaign(s).
- Create a gift level structure that includes the first time donors, welcome packets and stewardship as well as stewardship for loyal donors.
- Manage a system for tracking donor analytics, accessible to the entire Development team.
- Maintain a portfolio of at least 30 current donors (defined as those giving a gift of less than $5,000 annually) and work to increase their gifts by 20% by the end of 2024.
- Identify 30 lapsed donors that are prospects and institute individualized systems to reinstate them as donors to secure donations from 50% by June 30, 2024.
- Identify and create relationships with 25 new prospects and secure a first time gift from 50% of them by December 31, 2024.
- Identify and serve as the primary point of contact for 20 Moves Management donor prospects, develop a documented strategy for each and an engagement plan to cultivate and secure increased donations by December 31, 2024.
- Work with CDO to support Board Members with their individual portfolios for fundraising.
- Measure, analyze and report on the status of the ACTUAL donor revenue vs. FORECAST on a monthly basis with CDO.
- Develop solicitation strategies and enter details for all connections weekly via tracking in Salesforce for every donor, prospect and Moves Management donor.
- Work with Program officers to identify new resources and ensure funding priorities are aligned with the programmatic strategy and needs when donors have specific requests.
- Create, schedule and implement all Donor and Moves Management donor events (stewardship and cultivation) working closely with the Senior Development Specialist.
- Support the CDO in planning, implementation, and follow-up with presentations for conferences, summits, and philanthropic events.
Institutional Grant Collaboration (10%)
- Work with the Director of Institutional Giving , assure deliverables and deadlines are met for submissions and reports, and pipelines are collaborated.
Liaison with Communications and Marketing (10%)
- Create working relationship and regular check-ins with Communications and Marketing Team to update and/or add content regarding Development needs for collateral, social media and external messaging/storytelling.
- Participate in creation of Editorial Calendar as it relates to fundraising activities.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a development role at a nonprofit organization; demonstrated success managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources and expanding and cultivating donor relationships over time.
- At least 3 years of experience working with Salesforce in a Development role.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships.
- Analytical storyteller with the ability to gather relevant data from multiple sources and translate it into insightful stories and tactical recommendations.
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives.
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside the Digital NEST. and to take initiative, and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Sense of humor and passion for the work of the NEST
- Passion for the mission of Digital NEST and belief in upholding organization’s core values.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to issues of culture/ethnicity/race, gender, sexual identity, class/SES and immigration status.
- Ability to be an ally to people of color, women and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered, queer, questioning and intersex individuals and their allies (LGBTQIA).
- Must have a valid CA driver’s license and be able to travel and work evenings or weekends occasionally, or as needed.
NOTE: The job offer will be contingent upon the successful completion and passing of a background check.
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS: We take a holistic approach to wellness, physical, emotional, and financial. Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- 100% Agency Paid Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for the employee
- SIMPLE IRA Retirement Benefit with up to 2% employer match
- 10 Paid Vacation Days for Full-time Employees (non-Director and non-Chief positions)
- 15 Paid Vacation Days for Full-time Employees (Director and Chief positions)
- 13 Paid Holidays Annually Plus Business closure/holiday the week between Christmas Day and New Years Day
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Annual Parking Permit
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role and encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for. We also know that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem-solving and more creative thinking, so we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team. We look forward to hearing from you.
Digital NEST, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Digital NEST is committed to an inclusive experience for all applicants and will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations in the interview process, to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Please refer to our career page for more information on how to apply for reasonable accommodations.
To apply for this job please visit digitalnest.applytojob.com.