A free bilingual conference for parents, guardians, adult allies, and educators who want a deeper understanding of gender and youth in Monterey, San Benito, & Santa Cruz Counties.
Simultaneous Spanish interpretation provided
Understandings of gender are changing rapidly and it can be challenging to keep up! All children are limited by traditional gender roles and stereotypes, whether they are transgender, gender expansive, or not. Parents and adult allies play a crucial role in creating a safe and supportive environment for all young people around their gender.
We hope you’ll join us for a day of learning, conversation, and reflection about youth and gender, including such topics as:
- Understanding the dimensions of gender
- Learning common terms and concepts
- Affirmative parenting practices around gender
- Suggestions for talking with children and teens about gender
- Making schools more gender inclusive and safer for gender expansive youth
- Strategies for navigating the school system with transgender or gender nonconforming students
- Exploring mental health topics for gender diverse youth
- Staying connected to your faith community while embracing your gender diverse child
- Roselyn Macias (pronouns: she/her/hers), Leader at Conexiones, a support group mostly made up of Latina transwomen in Monterey County
- Ashlyn Adams (pronouns: she/her/sir), Youth Program Coordinator at the Diversity Center
- Jen Salinas-Holz (Pronouns: she/her/ella), Educator and GSA/QSA Advisor, LGBTQ Task Force Member
- Michelle Brandt (Pronouns: she/her), TransFamilies of Santa Cruz County
- Andrea Damon (she/her), TransFamilies of Santa Cruz County
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (831) 427-4004.