About our Holiday Store:
Our Holiday Store is where we make a significant amount of our yearly income to support our transitional employment and job training program for folks experiencing homelessness or housing instability. Those in the training program make over 40 types of products using materials we grow on the farm, including food products, bath and body products, and dried-flower wreaths.
We have a network of volunteers who support the holiday store each holiday season. The store is almost entirely volunteer-run, meaning that the profit we make goes directly toward supporting our programs and folks transitioning out of homelessness.
This is a big task, so we’re starting early this year to ensure that we have enough volunteers.
Are you interested in volunteering at the Holiday Store? Read the info below!
- There is 1 staff person and 2 volunteers per shift.
- All volunteers must attend one orientation training before their first volunteer shift. We will email you to schedule an orientation.
- Orientations will be hosted at the store location, 1338 Pacific Avenue. You only need to attend one orientation.
- Once you attend an orientation, you will be added to our online work scheduler so you can select the shifts you’d like to work.
- Shifts will be 2 hours long and offered 7 days/week. The exact shift schedule is TBD.
- We are asking volunteers to sign up for one shift/week for the holiday season (2 hours/week, 2-3 month commitment)
- Feel free to forward this to anyone you know who might also be interested in volunteering at the store. We could use all of the help we can get! Please reach out if you have any questions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com