Website fitsantacruz Families in Transition of Santa Cruz County Inc.
JOB TITLE: Program Coordinator
STATUS: Full-Time Salaried Position/35 hour work week/Hybrid position
PAY RATE: $57,600 to 62,400 annual salary
FRINGE: After successful completion of 90 day probationary status: Employer paid Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD and Life Insurance. Paid Vacation, 18 Paid Holidays/10 Paid Sick days. Flexible scheduling available, 1 hour paid lunch
*BONUS: Currently offering a $1,000 new hire bonus after 6 month successful job completion.
To Apply: Email your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com
Please include the job title, “Program Coordinator” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.
Come and join our team! Families In Transition (FIT) is a private non-profit agency which offers services and supports which promote housing stability to families and young adults who are experiencing homelessness or who are at risk of becoming homeless. For 30 years and counting FIT has been in the business of ending and preventing homelessness in Santa Cruz County and has successfully housed over 2,500 families. FIT operates on the premise that partnerships with stakeholders (government, service providers, businesses, employers, educators, landlords and participants) fosters a strong foundation on which families and young adults who participate in FIT programs can gain skills and tools which lead to increased housing stability, family investment in self-reliance and a healthier community.
Summary of Position: Under the general supervision of the FIT Executive Director and in close consultation with administrative and program team members, the Program Coordinator position is responsible for: managing multiple State, Federal and County grants to ensure the agency is utilizing funds accordingly as specified in the program contract; ensure the agency is delivering services as described in the contract(s) and per agency mission and P & P’s; ensure that all aspects of program delivery are compliant with federal, state and local regulations; support direct service staff supervision as it relates to program deliverables; assisting with state, federal and county grant applications as well as assisting with reports for those programs; developing, updating and administering applicable program policies and procedures and assisting with the development and recruitment of applicable program staff. This position requires the successful candidate to exercise discretion and independent judgment in matters of significance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Managing federal, state and local government grant contracts
● Oversight of program operations
● Ensure performance metrics are met
● Troubleshoot client/staff conflicts
● Ensure program service delivery is compliant with program contracts
● Support Direct Services Supervisor with staff supervision as it relates to contracts
● Ensure agency is utilizing funds according to program contracts and per agency mission
● Develop and implement program policies and procedures
● Extensive record keeping, data entry and documentation of services
● Ensure all data is entered in HMIS by deadline
● Ensure HMIS data is accurate and meets contract requirements
● Coordination of services with community based and government social service providers
● Attend case reviews, meetings, trainings, workshops and conferences related to position
● Responsible for maintaining confidentiality at all times
● Communicate closely and frequently with all members of the team to improve systems, solve problems, share resources, and coordinate work
● Maintain clear and concise records
● Assist with reports and grant applications
● Filing and updating grant paperwork
● Other duties as assigned
● B.A. Degree and/or equivalent experience in program coordination/management
● Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required
● Knowledge of state, federal and county grants preferred but not required
● Knowledge of the Homeless Management Information System preferred but not required
● Self-directed with a high degree of initiation for improvement
● Willingness to learn and adapt
● Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
● Ability to use discretion and independent judgment
● Ability to meet deadlines and handle crises
● Ability to follow agency and program guidelines, processes, policies and procedures
● Ability to maintain confidential information
● Must be self-directed
● Aptitude for extensive paperwork and documentation
● Ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively and respectfully with a wide variety of staff, partner agencies, clients, landlords and service providers.
● Strong written and verbal skills
● Basic knowledge of using Microsoft Word, Excel, Google
● Ideal candidate is flexible, friendly, independent and able to meet agency and program goals and objectives with minimal supervision.
● COVID-19 Special Considerations and requirements: Please note that per CDC and local public health department recommendations FIT is encouraging employees to telecommute as much as possible. A reliable internet connection at the remote site is required prior to employment in order to promote telework options. For staff employed by FIT a remote workstation is supplied. It is important to note that this program requires occasional in-person meetings with the public, including but not limited to staff meetings and training. All reasonable precautions are taken to protect the health and safety of staff and those they come in contact with. Staff are required to observe all policies and procedures and may be terminated without prior notice for failure to abide by agency policies and procedures.
Notice: This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (cancer related), marital status, sex, sexual orientation, age (over 18), veteran status, gender, gender expression, pregnancy, or any other non-merit factors unrelated to job duties. AA/EOE
The hired candidate will adhere to FIT’s standard of upholding the agency’s mission, values and code of ethics through a commitment to confidentiality and communication. This position is funded by, wholly or in part, private donations and/or grant contracts and is subject to continued funding availability. A decision will be made prior to the following grant cycle regarding continuation of the position.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org