Reporting directly to the Executive Director and working in close consultation with the Administrative Director, the Human Resource Specialist will be responsible for the following duties, including but not limited to: developing and maintaining timekeeping functions per funder and agency requirements; assisting staff to ensure accurate timekeeping and payroll functions are met; processing payroll; developing and maintaining employee recruitment material, onboarding, and tracking staff trainings; develop and maintain employee policies and procedures; manage fringe benefit enrollments and exits; audit preparation and support; support staff in all HR matters; develop and maintain positive staff training experiences designed to promote respectful and supportive interactions between staff, providers, funders and the public; process travel and mileage reimbursements; develop and maintain office supply order authorization process; maintain electronic and hard copy record keeping in accordance with agency policy and funder requirements. The position requires the successful candidate to exercise discretion and independent judgment in matters of significance.
Payroll & Personnel:
- In consultation with Administrative Departments, develop and maintain Time Allocation and Record Keeping System for staff, per funder requirements and agency budget.
- Review payroll and record keeping to ensure time worked is in accordance with allocations and approved budgets.
- Work with staff on time and attendance corrections.
- Review all payroll and report instances of over-time to Executive Director and Direct Services Supervisor.
- Process payroll and ensure that payroll has been submitted by the due date for each pay period.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance of all legal, fiscal and funder record keeping including retention policies and procedures.
- In consultation with the Administrative Director, develop and maintain Personnel Policies and Procedures Employee Handbook to ensure agency and legal compliance.
- Work with Executive Director to create and maintain yearly staff reviews.
- In close consultation with administrative staff, develop and maintain job descriptions.
- Secure, track and ensure employee training is completed in accordance with agency policy.
- Track and report on employee PTO accrual.
- Review, track and submit staff mileage reimbursement requests.
- Maintain Confidentiality.
- Responsible for all Payroll Record Keeping (Physical files as well as electronic).
- Preparation of annual and periodic audit materials and participation in audit(s).
- Track and Maintain employee files.
- Develop and maintain Office Supply order, authorization and tracking system.
- Supports development and maintenance of donor mailing lists.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Human Resources.
- Previous experience developing and maintaining timekeeping systems for multiple customer jobs.
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of staff.
- Knowledge of current Human Resource laws and regulations.
- Aptitude for extensive paperwork and documentation.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle crises.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to use discretion and independent judgment.
- Ideal candidate is flexible, friendly, independent and able to meet agency goals and objectives on time.
- Reliable Internet available at off site location.
Special Considerations: Primarily remote work with up to 2 days of the week onsite.
Notice: This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. Families In Transition is an equal opportunity employer which does not discriminate based on age, race, disability, national origin, ethnicity, religion, color, ancestry, veteran statues, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, HIV statues or any other non-merit based criteria.
To Apply: Interested persons should email Cover Letter and Resume to Info@fitsantacruz.org
Please include the job title, “Human Resource Specialist” in the subject heading. Due to the volume of responses, only qualified parties will be contacted.
No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com