Website Digital NEST
Full Time: 100% FTE, 40 hours per week
Compensation Range: $20.19 – $22.21 per hour, non-exempt
Beneﬁts: Medical, vision, dental and life insurance, vacation paid time off, holiday paid time off, and retirement plan
Organization Size: 50+ employees
Reports to: Manager, People, Projects, and Leadership Program
Location(s): Primarily work on-site at the Gilroy and/or Salinas Center and work from other sites as needed. Note: Digital NEST offers a remote work schedule for up to 2 days a week (when classes are not being held at our sites) for eligible, full-time employees after their ﬁrst 90 days of employment.
Digital NEST is a workforce development center that has welcomed hundreds of youth from working-class, farmworker communities to develop the technical and professional skills they need to achieve their dreams. The NEST is proud to be a great place to get your career started and/or to expand your career to the next level. It is an exciting time to join the NEST as we are on the precipice of expanding to a total of five communities across Northern California by the end of 2023. Digital NEST has centers in the heart of Watsonville, Salinas, Gilroy, Modesto and soon to launch in Stockton.
The Project Management Program Specialist will support the growth of the People, Projects & Leadership (PPL) program by developing, implementing, and instructing the training for the project management career pathway. Overall, this position recruits, instructs, advises, mentors, and coaches members in technical and soft skills development for the project management pathway.
Digital NEST is a growing and thriving organization that aims to create programming that will best serve the youth in the community. For this reason, we are always looking critically at our programs with the intent of improving any growth areas that present themselves. Ideally, the candidate for this position will be someone who demonstrates a high degree of flexibility, adaptability, and patience as we proceed to further build out the Project Management program.
- Implementation of the Project Management Program (65%)
- Implement curriculum and serve as the instructor and facilitator of coordinated volunteer work experience groups for youth program participants (members) to foster professional development and job readiness of youth.
- Develop and adapt curriculums for project management training that aligns with best practices and professional standards in the field of project management.
- Implement project management training to support youth in developing, planning, and producing member-coordinated events.
- Effectively incorporate and embed soft skills and leadership curriculum into all lessons and activities and teach soft skill development to members and job trainees.
- Coach members on career development; refer members to outside career training and paid job opportunities and support youth in applying to, interviewing for, and being successful in, such opportunities.
- Under the direction of the Program Manager, develop training outlines and adapt curriculum for teaching assigned subjects that align with program designs and goals.
- Teach educational programs to train members in soft skills, job readiness, leadership, marketing, project management and events coordination.
- Assess the training outcomes of trainees and document and report this progress in writing and update data collection systems.
- Support Manager in monitoring industry trends and advancements to ensure curriculum remains cutting-edge and relevant to evolving job market demands.
- Collaborate on the development of training outlines and curriculum for any potential additions to the PPL Pathway (ex. Product Management, Business Administration, Data Analysis etc.).
Youth Outreach & Engagement for the Project Management Program (30%)
- Identify prospective participants and cultivate member engagement in the Project Management program; maintain student information system to track member participation and engagement and produce reports as needed.
- Encourage members to participate in NEST programs and a career development pathway.
- Monitor NEST youth participants’ status and wellbeing and share observations across the program staff.
- Work collaboratively with other team members to coordinate and assist with recruitment of Project Management program trainees and work experience participants.
- Regularly brief the Membership Specialist and other colleagues on opportunities for youth employment program placements in the pathway to support the work of partnering with various youth employment programs.
- Represent the NEST in a professional, constructive and compelling manner to stakeholders at meetings, on social media, at public events and in media products or written publications.
- Provide general support to fundraising efforts expected of all staff: showcase members and member work, speak articulately about programming and be a model representative and evangelist for Digital NEST in the community.
- Serve as a role model for Members regarding career aspirations, becoming tech-savvy and social enterprise.
- Participate in NEST evening and weekend programs and events on an occasional basis; facilitate youth involvement in these programs and events.
- Transport herself/himself to NEST facilities and to outreach locations.
- Performs other duties and tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- At least 3 years of full-time, formal experience or industry recognized credentials in a related ﬁeld in project management.
- At least 1 year of full-time experience teaching youth using culturally responsive experiential learning pedagogies and instructional methods.
- Accountable for performance outcomes/KPI attainment at the project level (each course, each series, each season, a cadre, a cohort, each partnership, etc.)
- Ability to work with immediate supervisor to develop plans to accomplish the goals of the organization.
- Ability to support and coordinate team members’ input and ideas.
- Ability to regularly communicate with team and supervisor to ensure ﬂow of ideas and progress towards goals.
- Ability to work with peers to ensure that team projects are working toward the same goal.
- Ability to carry out the full scope of a ﬁxed set of work skills, and may also work across departments to achieve a goal.
- Ability to adapt to changes and to collaborate to help define the Project Management program.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Bilingual/Biliterate English and Spanish
- Passion for the mission of Digital NEST and belief in upholding organization’s core values
- Understanding of and sensitivity to issues of culture/ethnicity/race, gender, sexual identity, class/SES and immigration status
- Ability to be an ally to people of color, women and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered, queer, questioning and intersex individuals and their allies (LGBTQIA)
- Must have a valid CA driver’s license and be able to travel and work evenings or weekends occasionally, or as needed
NOTE: The job offer will be contingent upon the successful completion and passing of a background check.
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS: We take a holistic approach to wellness, physical, emotional, and financial. Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- 100% Agency Paid Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for the employee
- SIMPLE IRA Retirement Benefit with up to 2% employer match
- 10 Paid Vacation Days for Full-time Employees (non-Director and non-Chief positions)
- 15 Paid Vacation Days for Full-time Employees (Director and Chief positions)
- 13 Paid Holidays Annually Plus Business closure/holiday the week between Christmas Day and New Years Day
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Annual Parking Permit
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role and encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for. We also know that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem-solving and more creative thinking, so we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team. We look forward to hearing from you.
Digital NEST, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Digital NEST is committed to an inclusive experience for all applicants and will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations in the interview process, to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Please refer to our career page for more information on how to apply for reasonable accommodations.
To apply for this job please visit digitalnest.applytojob.com.