Website Community Action Board of Santa Cruz County
Position: Accounting & Budget Analyst
Program: CAB Administration
Hours: 37.5 hours/week, EXEMPT POSITION, including occasional weekends/evenings
Salary: $28-$30 per hour
Benefits: Medical, dental (employee only, employee pays half of dental), and life insurance, Vision and Retirement plan (401K plan after six months of employment), 24 days annual leave to start, and 12 paid holidays per year
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer, Community Action Board of Santa Cruz County, Inc.
Under the general supervision of the Chief Finance Officer, and in close cooperation with program directors, coordinators, and human resources, the Accounting & Budget Analyst will prepare, monitor, analyze, and revise program budgets. The incumbent will prepare claims for reimbursement of grant awards, monitor revenues and expenditures to ensure they are expensed to the correct programs and funding source, and will prepare a variety of internal reports related to grants. Prepare and post the Accounts Receivables and General Entries to the General Ledger. Monthly Accounts Receivables report. Ensure the grants are under the uniform guidelines. The position will also perform other related work as required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Monitors Programs budgets on an ongoing basis to assure that available funds are properly expended, and budgetary limits are observed.
· Provides directors and/or their designee with financial analysis and budget revisions to meet changing funding and/ or service needs, to optimize the cost effectiveness of services, and to ensure consistent staffing. Must use confidentiality and discretion in handling confidential issues/projects.
· Maintains up-to-date information in files on funding source regulations and reporting requirements; revises practices and procedures as necessary to ensure contract compliance.
· Serves as the primary fiscal contact for program directors and acts as liaison between program directors and other administrative departments for non-specialized issues.
· Attends program staff meetings as necessary.
· Prepares monthly financial and claims reports as necessary; makes regular contact with funding sources in the preparation of required reports and preparing financial projections; serves as point of contact for funder’s financial analysts.
· Prepares and maintains written internal records and procedures related to grants administration, reporting, and in preparation for internal and external audits.
· Provides hands-on training to less experienced staff as required
· Assists the chief finance officer with other tasks as assigned. Conducts research as requested re: confidential budgetary issues and possible staffing changes and has access to personnel files for necessary research.
MINIMUM EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS:
· Knowledge of general fund accounting principles and practices
· Experience monitoring government grants and fundings contracts
· Knowledge and seasoned experience in budgetary control techniques, monitoring, and analysis for programs with multiple funding sources
· Experience with Account Receivables- Invoices to Funders
· Competence with fiscal record keeping procedures and reporting requirements; Experience working with financial software, data base applications and analytic reporting systems (familiarity with MIP accounting software PREFERRED and QuickBooks is REQUIRED).
· Strong spreadsheet and data processing computer applications skills; Highly proficient in Excel REQUIRED; expertise in designing analyses and workbooks that minimize hard-coding and are structured in a way that can be easily replicated.
· Bilingual Spanish/English preferred but not required.
· Be able to create a clear and accurate financial worksheet
· Read and interpret complex regulations and policies
· Prepare and maintain a variety of reports and records
· Effectively use an in-house computer system to work with data and generate reports
· Communicate tactfully, cooperatively, and effectively with other agency staff members, including program directors, agencies, community organizations, representatives of funding sources, and the public, including people from different racial, ethnic and cultural groups and from different backgrounds and lifestyles.
· 5 years+ of fund accounting/budgeting experience managing multiple million dollar budgets OR BA/BS in accounting/finance or related field and 4+ years of experience managing multiple million dollar budgets REQUIRED.
· Must be able to work at a computer for full workdays; some routine lifting and reaching requirements.
· Must exercise integrity, confidentiality and discretion in working with supervisors and staff.
· Must pass criminal background check and maintain a clean record.
· Must have a clean driving record and insured vehicle.
· Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
CAB embraces the values of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
The hired candidate will adhere to CAB’s standard of upholding the agency’s mission, values, and code of ethics through a commitment to confidentiality and communication.
This program is categorically funded by grants. A decision will be made prior to the following grant cycle regarding continuation of the position.
Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of age, ancestry, color, religious creed, denial of Family and Medical Care Leave, disability (mental and physical), marital, familial or parental status, medical condition, genetic information, military and Veteran status, national origin (including language use restrictions), race, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, political affiliation, or sexual orientation. AA/EOE
To apply for this job email your details to HR@cabinc.org