Website Community Action Board of Santa Cruz County
POSITION: Fire Recovery Project Coordinator
LOCATION: Davenport Resource Service Center (DRSC), 150 Church St., Davenport, CA 95017
REPORTS TO: Program Director
HOURS/STATUS: 32 hrs per week
SALARY: $22-$24 per hour
BENEFITS: Medical (employee share of cost depending on plan selected), vision, life, dental (employee pays half of dental) insurance, Retirement plan (401K plan after six months), 24 days annual leave to start, and 12 paid holidays per year.
TO APPLY: Submit resume and cover letter ASAP to hr @cabinc.org or apply on-line at indeed.com.
Position open until filled.
ABOUT THE POSITION: The Fire Recovery Project Coordinator oversees DRSC’s Fire Recovery Program and provides case management, education and outreach, and resources to CZU Fire-impacted clients. DRSC is the only resource service center in the rurally isolated and diverse north coast of Santa Cruz County, and serves youth/teens, adults, seniors, and families, including immigrants and farmworkers and their families through food distribution, youth and senior programming, and information and resource coordination and referral.
· Responsible for overseeing DRSC’s Fire Recovery Program, including developing grant implementation and outcome tracking tools, outreach strategies and materials, surveys, other implementation and evaluation tools, and ensuring grant goals are met.
· Responsible for maintaining a detailed record of program data including client information, program purchases, donations, and submitting periodic program update reports;
· Be the primary contact person to act on behalf of DRSC, and work together with local partners, funders, other CAB programs and other stakeholders.
· Responsible for researching and obtaining up-to-date Fire recovery information and resources and for community education purposes;
· Responsible for providing training, mentoring, and support to other staff and volunteers.
· Attend meetings and trainings relevant to job duties;
· Assume other administrative responsibilities as assigned.
DIRECT CLIENT-SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for providing case management, support, and education and outreach to Santa Cruz’s north coast low-income households including farmworker families, seniors, and other individuals affected by the 2020 CZU Lightning Complex Fires;
· Responsible for conducting education and outreach to north coast farmworkers who were affected the wildfires and assisting them in creating a fire safety preparation plan.
· Responsible for working with fire survivors, including gathering their information and documentation to present their funding requests to the Long-Term Recovery Group’s Unmet Needs Committee.
· Responsible for providing participants support in the creation and implementation of their case management plans that include goals related fire recovery, emotional wellbeing, access to essential needs, and other resources.
· Responsible for planning wellness fairs, healing circles, and other community events for fire survivors
· Responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with local farm managers, businesses, school, church, and other stakeholders in order to coordinate services for targeted population;
· Collaborate with and support other DRSC programs as needed to provide services and support to mutual clients;
· Assume other responsibilities as needed
· BA degree in social services or related field and/or equivalent work experience.
· Minimum of 2 years’ work experience or equivalent in direct-client service including case management experience
· Bilingual/bi-literate (able to speak, read and write English/Spanish) required.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite/Office 365 (Word, Excel, Power Point, Teams, Forms, etc.)
· Ability to maintain detailed records.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to conduct relevant research and relay complex information to clients.
· Ability to work well with diverse cultures, age groups, and interests. Ability to work as part of a team.
· Safe driving record, current California driver’s license, vehicle insurance and ability to transport oneself to worksites.
· Have access to a reliable computer and internet access to work off site as needed;
· Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
· Ability to sit, stand, bend, reach and routinely safely lift up to 25 pounds.
· Ability to pass background check in order to work with children and seniors.
· Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
· Experience working with culturally diverse and/or low-income populations strongly preferred.
· Knowledge and familiarity with the Santa Cruz County network of health, social service and related agencies as well as geography, preferred.
Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of age, ancestry, color, religious creed, denial of Family and Medical Care Leave, disability (mental and physical), marital, familial or parental status, medical condition, genetic information, military and Veteran status, national origin (including language use restrictions), race, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, political affiliation or sexual orientation.
CAB embraces the values of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
The hired candidate will adhere to CAB’s standard of upholding the agency’s mission, values, and code of ethics through a commitment to confidentiality and communication.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@cabinc.org