It’s mushroom season! Join local fungiphiles at the Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History for the return of the (Mini) Fungus Fair in partnership with the Fungus Federation of Santa Cruz. Explore a display of dozens of species of local mushrooms while enjoying free family-friendly activities and community resources:
- Free admission to the Museum all day!
- Fungus forward food from Areperia 831
- Mushroom products from Far West Fungi Santa Cruz
- Mushroom ID station with the Fungus Federation of Santa Cruz (bring your mushrooms!)
- Local lichens with Ken Kellman of The California Lichen Society
- Christian Schwarz, co-author of Mushrooms of the Redwood Coast
- The Lichen Museum with Laurie Palmer
- Artwork from Andrea Dingeldein of The Local Naturalist and Sage Alucero
- Pacific Grove Museum of Natural History
- Human uses of fungi presented by the Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History
Saturday, December 10, 2022
11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Tyrrell Park, 1305 E. Cliff Dr., Santa Cruz
Outside the Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History
For nearly 50 years, the Fungus Federation of Santa Cruz has welcomed thousands of visitors to explore the fascinating world of mushrooms through the annual Fungus Fair. For the second year in a row, the event will return to its original home at the Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History where it launched in 1974.