Cocktail enthusiast and history buff? Come to the MAH for our new pop-up series featuring classic drinks mixed with historical anecdotes and stories.
Join us in our garden as mixologists from Front & Cooper specially craft a pair of bespoke cocktails, each named after notable denizens of Santa Cruz’s historic Evergreen Cemetery. In addition, the series features a guest speaker sharing stories from each event’s chosen era or milestone, followed by a history-themed trivia game with prizes. Then, visit the museum to enjoy the current exhibitions on view or grab dinner in Abbott Square.
- Theme: California Gold Rush (1848–1855)
- Speaker: Traci Bliss, author and historian
- Cocktail #1: “Heart Of Gold – Mary Amney Case” – American whiskey, maple, rosemary, served on a large ice cube with edible gold leaf garnish.
- Cocktail #2: “Circa 1847 Sherry Cobbler – Matias Lorenzana” – Oloroso sherry, strawberry, lemon, powdered sugar, over crushed ice with mint and fruit garnish.
Upcoming ‘In Pour Taste’ Events:
- May 22: Prohibition Era (1920–1933)
- Jul 24: Hawaiian Princes Bring Surfing (1885)
- Sep 11: Local Venetian Water Carnivals (1895–1927)
- Nov 20: Theme TBA
- Jan 22: Theme TBA
Tickets include two cocktails (or mocktails, if you prefer), program activities, and admission to the MAH. Must be 21+ to participate.