Please join us as we celebrate the grand opening of the Thrive Hive, Encompass Community Services’ new resource center for transition-age youth (TAY) ages 15-24 at 120 Dubois Street, Santa Cruz on Thursday, November 10th at 11am!
At Encompass, we believe that ALL youth deserve access to high quality services and resources that support their whole-person health. Our resource center will serve as a trusted, welcoming place for youth to come together to build community and to access a full range of supportive services and resources to help them meet their personal goals.
The center is designed specifically to meet the unique needs of TAY individuals in our community, including those experiencing houselessness and those who are, or have been, involved in the foster care or justice systems. We are honored to have worked alongside the TAY individuals we serve to identify and incorporate the following resources into our new center.
- Computers and flexible classroom spaces to host programming on key topics like motivational interviewing, resume-building, job-readiness, applying for higher education and to conduct mock job interviews
- Laundry facilities and showers
- A cozy living room and flexible recreational space to offer health and wellness programming, such as meditation and creative expression classes
- A fully stocked kitchen where staff can support youth in preparing warm, healthy meals
- Case management services to establish rapport and trusting relationships and for delivery of direct services assistance
Parking: Limited parking is available onsite with street parking along Dubois and Encinal Streets, and at nearby Harvey West Park.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTSOur celebration will kick off a few minutes past 11am with brief comments from our Encompass team, as well as Santa Cruz County leaders who are integrally familiar with the greatest needs of our TAY community, including Assemblymember Mark Stone. Afterwards, you will have the chance to tour the facilities and meet with our TAY program team to learn more about how to connect youth to the new center.
Coffee and light refreshments will be provided.
For questions about the event, please email Encompass Director of Development and Community Relations, Liz.Burkhart@encompasscs.org.
To RSVP and for more information, visit bit.ly/ThriveHiveTAY. RSVPs appreciated (though not required).
Note: While our grand opening celebration is on Nov. 10th, the center is now open and serving youth ages 15-24 Monday-Friday between the hours of 2pm and 6pm. Additional center hours are available by appointment. To link youth to services, call (831) 226-3547, email email@example.com or drop by the center during open hours.