[Información en español a continuación]
Are you a consultant (or thinking about becoming one) who is interested and/or has experience
in one or more of these areas?
- Collective impact work
- Racial equity work
- The CORE Investments framework
- Community engagement
- Providing training and technical assistance
- Data, evaluation, or research work with an equity lens
- Communication skills
- Facilitating group processes
- Working with coalitions and other decision-making groups
- Planning and facilitating virtual and/or in-person events that are accessible and inclusive
- Fund development, including grantwriting
- Project management
- A topic or talent we haven’t listed here?
As local consultants with over 40 years of combined experience, we are always on the lookout
for other new, experienced, or potential consultants to learn from, brainstorm with, partner
with, and/or refer to. We are particularly interested in building connections with consultants
who see themselves in one or more of these descriptions:
- Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, or another community of color
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, nonbinary, or another gender identity or
- Belonging to more than one cultural group (bi- or multicultural)
- Able to understand, speak, read, write, or sign one or more language(s), in addition to
- A lifelong learner, constantly learning and growing personally and professionally
- Approaches consulting with humility…and humor when the “glamorous” life of a
consultant turns out to not be so glamorous.
Whether you are a full-time, part-time, or aspiring consultant, we invite you to join us, Nicole Young and Nicole Lezin for a “CORE and More”
Consulting Chat. During the Chat, we’ll get a chance to meet (or re-meet) each other; share ideas about opportunities, training, peer learning, and other support; and gauge whether there’s interest in continuing the conversation outside of a Coffee Chat format.
This session will not be recorded. Please feel free to share this request with your networks!
We are hosting this first conversation as a CORE Coffee Chat because we occasionally have specific projects or tasks for CORE Investments that we need assistance with—everything from providing bilingual meeting assistance, planning and facilitating meetings and trainings,
conducting surveys, and much more. We would like to deepen the diversity of our network of consultants/contractors whose skills, interests, and backgrounds would help advance the CORE vision and mission. While we’re at it, we thought it would be great to create a space for
consultants to learn about each other’s projects, resources, skills, and needs.
Register at https://bit.ly/CoffeeChat-04-19-22 and let us know if you’d like to participate in