This webinar is designed for community organizations interested in deciphering the concept of depreciation. Depreciation is a reduction in the value of an asset (such as a building, furniture, office equipment, machinery, etc.) with the passage of time. In this webinar, we will cover what depreciation is all about, the factors that impact depreciation, and why it’s important for nonprofits to know about depreciation.
You will learn about:
- Your business model and how depreciation impacts your indirect costs;
- Earning more revenue and recovering your depreciation expenses from funders;
- Building reserves;
- Spreading large capital expenses over time; and
- Borrowing capital sustainably.
- Kshama Kanakoor, Financial Management Consultant, Community Vision
- Risa Blumlein Keeper, Managing Consultant, Grantmaking & Financial Management, Community Vision
- Nate Schaffran, Co-Director of Lending, Community Vision